The purpose of the flower show is five-fold:To educate club members and the public;
- To stimulate interest in horticulture and floral design;
- To provide an outlet for creative expression;
- To encourage community participation;
- To have a project in which all members can participate.
Anyone can win; all you have to do is enter…GOOD LUCK!
October 2022 Flower Show Schedule
Entries must be on the table by 7:15pm
- Aconitum (Monkshood)
- Branch showing fall colour – not over 36″ from top of vase
- Branch showing fruit – not over 36″ from top of vase
- Cactus or succulent – any variety, one pot
- Chrysanthemum – single – 1 spray
- Chrysanthemum – double – 1 spray
- Coleus – 1 cultivar – 3 stems
- Collection of garden flowers, may include branches and grasses – minimum 5 different cultivars, 1 entry per exhibitor
- Herbs – 3 stems, one each of 3 different cultivars
- Ornamental grass – 1 cultivar – 3 stems
- Sedum – any cultivar – 3 stems
- Zinnia – 1 bloom
- Any other perennial not listed – 1 bloom or stem
- Any other annual not listed – 1 bloom or stem
- Any vegetable – any large or 3 small specimens, same cultivar, on a plate
- Any fruit – 3 specimens, same cultivar
- 3 different seed stalks
CLASS DESIGN THEME: All Hallows Eve
18. Welcome to My Nightmare – a design using a Halloween character such as a ghost, skeleton, or bats
19. MEMBERS CHOICE – A carved or decorated pumpkin of any theme. Entries will be judged by members
- Competition is open to all members in good standing of Streetsville Horticultural Society.
- Exhibitors should fill out their own entry forms for each exhibit. Entry forms are available at the show or on the website. flower_show_entry_tags
- One entry per exhibitor permitted in each CULTURAL and DESIGN class unless otherwise stated.
- If two or more exhibitors share the same garden and wish to compete in the same CULTURAL class they must enter different cultivars. The cultivars must be named.
- All entries are to be as it is stated, and in accordance to size in Ontario Judging and Exhibiting
Standards, Publication #34
- Entry will be disqualified if not in accordance with the description of class.
- Where a definite number is called for NO MORE or NO LESS shall be entered.
- The use of protected or endangered native plants will disqualify the exhibit.
- Decision of Judge(s) will be final.
- No awards will be given for mediocre exhibits.
- Exhibitors must supply own appropriate containers.
- ONLY Show Committee may move entries in the Cultural Section for staging purposes.
- Entries must be on the table by the stated time – 7:15 p.m. deadline and must be left on table until the show convener releases the entries. Times for entering will be strictly enforced.
- The FLOWER SHOW HANDBOOK is available to be ordered from the OHA website.
- “Best in Show” will be left to the discretion of the Judge.
PDF Embedder requires a url attribute