The purpose of the flower show is five-fold:
- To educate club members and the public;
- To stimulate interest in horticulture and floral design;
- To provide an outlet for creative expression;
- To encourage community participation;
- To have a project in which all members can participate.
Anyone can win; all you have to do is enter…GOOD LUCK!
MAY 2023 FLOWER SHOW
Class 1 Bleeding Heart (Dicentra), any colour – 1 stem
Class 2 Branch, flowering – 36” or less
Class 3 Collection of small spring flowers, 5 different cultivars, attached foliage only – 1
entry per exhibitor
Class 4 Columbine (Aquilegia) – 1 spray
Class 5 Hellibore – any colour, 1 stem
Class 6 Iris, Tall bearded, over 27 inches – 1 stalk
Class 7 Iris, any other variety – 1 stalk
Class 8 Muscari – 3 stems, same variety, no foliage
Class 9 Narcissus, are cup, – 1 scape
Class 10 Narcissus, small cup, – 1 scape
Class 11 Narcissus, any other, – 1 scape
Class 12 Pilygonatum (Solomon’s Seal) – 1 stem
Class 13 Rhubarb, 3 stalks, pulled not cut, leaves trimmed to 2” fan shape
Class 14 Tulips (Tulip) – single, 1 bloom
Class 15 Tulips (Tulip) – any other variety, 1 bloom
Class 16 Any other bulb, corm, rhizome or tuber not listed – 1 stem
Class 17 Any other Perennial not listed – 1 stem or bloom
DESIGN – Theme: Spring Pallet
Class 18 “Green Man” – a design using only green plants.
N.B. All entries MUST be placed on the table by 7:15 p.m.
- Competition is open to all members in good standing of Streetsville Horticultural Society.
- Exhibitors should fill out their own entry forms for each exhibit. Click here to print out the Entry tag (displayed below). flower_show_entry_tags
- One entry per exhibitor permitted in each CULTURAL and DESIGN class unless otherwise stated.
- If two or more exhibitors share the same garden and wish to compete in the same CULTURAL class they must enter different cultivars. The cultivars must be named.
- All entries are to be as it is stated, and in accordance to size in Ontario Judging and Exhibiting
Standards, Publication #34
- Entry will be disqualified if not in accordance with the description of class.
- Where a definite number is called for NO MORE or NO LESS shall be entered.
- The use of protected or endangered native plants will disqualify the exhibit.
- Decision of Judge(s) will be final.
- No awards will be given for mediocre exhibits.
- Exhibitors must supply own appropriate containers.
- ONLY Show Committee may move entries in the Cultural Section for staging purposes.
- Entries must be on the table by the stated time – 7:15 p.m. deadline and must be left on table until the show convener releases the entries. Times for entering will be strictly enforced.
- The FLOWER SHOW HANDBOOK is available to be ordered from the OHA website.
- “Best in Show” will be left to the discretion of the Judge.
PDF Embedder requires a url attribute